blogspot counter

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - February 13th

 
Here’s another snippet of six from my newly released fantasy erotic romance book Tears on a Tranquil Lake
In this selection, I'll give you a taste of my favorite character from the book...a Haitian vodoun Mambo named Teega. I'm fascinated by characters who are both good and evil, capable of great kindness and unspeakable wrath...like Teega.
Art reference: Mrs-Dracula9274
            “Relax, my child, Teega es here. I heard yer heart crying from over a mile yonder. Ye be the saddest soul on tis island tonight. I have come te help ye.”
            Her voice comforted, its sweetness pouring over me like warm maple syrup. It gave me the courage to turn around. A beautiful, middle-aged woman with skin dark as the night sky leaned over me.
Purchase Link
Be sure to read the other awesome entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Great writing Marsha!

Sarah Grimm said...

Ooh, intriguing. I love characters who are good and evil, too.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Fascinating. So many interesting character sketches.

Lisa Fox said...

I love how you write her voice! I could totally hear her speaking.

Jayel Kaye said...

OH, I really loved this. You gave her a great voice

Lex Valentine said...

Characters like that give me the shivers!

Marie Dees said...

Oh, I love characters like this. And a bit of magic in the story.

L. A. Green said...

Love how I can hear Teega speak through the phrasing of the dialogue, and how she's drawn to the MC's misery.

I love characters like this too, the ones who are neither good nor evil, but can, at times, play both roles. Especially when they walk a line so narrow the reader can't decide if they will help or hurt the hero and/or heroine.

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Powerful lines.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Nice snippet! Are attention to detail in the dialogue.

April said...

Very cool snippet and I really like that picture a lot too!

Anonymous said...

I do like the use of accent here. It makes her stand out.

I would say make a noticable difference between e as in eh and e as in ee, but that's just my personal craziness.

D Carney said...

Give us more!