blogspot counter

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Could the banshee take my life? Sunday snippet from Witch's Cursed Cabin by Marsha A.Moore #PNR #SundaySnippet #8Sunday

I'm participating in the Weekend Warriors Snippet Sunday. Find samples from other participating authors at the Weekend Warriors Snippet Sunday list .
From 
Witch's Cursed Cabin: 
A Coon Hollow Coven Tale
I rubbed the end of my staff. After a steadying breath, I repeated the question they’d all avoided. “But if I fail to break the curse?”
He looked down, and Cerise studied her mug, but Shireen’s gray eyes met mine as she said, “I’ll say it straight as I see it: you won’t be a witch no more.”
Silence hung in the air.
I couldn’t imagine living without my witchcraft. Sweat trickled down the nape of my neck. I yanked up a question that’d been stuck in my throat, the words burning my tongue as I spoke them. “Could the banshee take my life?”
Shireen gave a single nod.

Genre: Paranormal romance
Description:
Eager to be on her own away from home, twenty-year-old Aggie Anders accepts a relative’s invitation to live in Coon Hollow Coven. Although she’s a witch from a different coven, what locals say about the Hollow confuses her. How can witchcraft there live and breathe through souls of the dead?
Aggie’s new residence in this strange southern Indiana world is a deserted homestead cabin. The property’s carriage house serves as the coven’s haunted Halloween fundraiser. It’s a great opportunity for her to make new friends, especially with the coven’s sexy new High Priest Logan.
But living in the homestead also brings Aggie enemies. Outsiders aren’t welcome. A cantankerous, old neighbor tries to frighten her off by warning her that the homestead is cursed. Local witches who practice black magic attempt to use their evil to drive Aggie away and rid their coven of her unusual powers as a sun witch.
Determined to stay and fit in, Aggie discovers not only that the cabin is cursed, but she alone is destined to break the curse before moonrise on Samhain. If she fails, neither the living nor the dead will be safe.

Series description:

     The Coon Hollow Coven Tales series is about a coven of witches in a fictitious southern Indiana community, south of Bloomington, the neck of the woods where I spent my favorite childhood years surrounded by the love of a big family. The books are rich with a warm Hoosier down-home feel. There are interesting interactions between coven members and locals from the nearby small town of Bentbone. If magic wasn’t enough of a difference between the two groups, the coven folk adhere to the 1930s lifestyle that existed when the coven formed. 

     A note to readers: the books in the Coon Hollow Coven Tales series are written to be read in any order. The series is about one community, and its residents may pass in and out of various books, but each book has its own unique and special story to be told.

Coon Hollow Coven Tales include:
Blood Ice & Oak Moon (coming autumn 2016)

Here's the Goodreads link for you to add Witch's Cursed Cabin to your TBR list. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29410037-witch-s-cursed-cabin
For special book contests and news about my upcoming releases, sign up for my newsletter using this link: http://bit.ly/MarshaAMooreNewsletter
*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her COON HOLLOW TALES of paranormal romance and her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she doesn't have any good options here. Keep her living and maybe get killed? That's something worthy of a Dilbert cartoon.

Unknown said...

I really felt her shock here. The stakes just really went up!

Veronica Scott said...

Intense little scene, lots of emotion and high stakes. Great snippet!

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

No choice but to try from the choices I see. But she better not fail. Yikes.

Amy Braun said...

At least she got an honest answer, right? Yeah, no good options here. :S

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thank you, Ed, Amy, Veronica, Christina, Elizabeth! Aggie is out of options in this scene for sure!