blogspot counter

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tea Leaf Tales: Angels' Trumpets or Fairy Skirts?


This newest addition to my ever-growing collection of flora inside my lanai has taken over in more ways than one.

True, as an ornamental tree it is eager to claim new territory now that its roots have more space in a new pot. In three short weeks, it’s added an entire layer to the upper canopy, definitely making a presence as queen of that end of the patio. From her throne, she beckons me as a humble servant, demanding daily water to quench her thirst.

I’m sure the tree is a queen and not a king because those ruffled flowers hanging below don’t seem at all masculine. The showy display gives her the name Angels Trumpets. I haven’t heard any toots during the night; however, the recent light of the full moon may have made the angels a bit shy.

My respects to whomever named this species, but I see ladies skirts rather than trumpets. Flamenco skirts that flair at the bottom, kicking up ruffled underlayers when the dancing blossoms twirl in the breeze. Fairy skirts or angels trumpets—I definitely need to get up in the wee hours to see who plays among those entrancing flowers.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance: Book One, SEEKING A SCRIBE, Book Two, HERITAGE AVENGED, Book Three, LOST VOLUMES, and Book Four, STAUROLITE. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

3 comments:

EW Gibson said...

Fairy skirts because I've seen them twirl. lol. Or maybe I was twirling.

Must be a pretty garden.

Marsha A. Moore said...

I've felt the same thing and think that's an effect the fairies conjure to throw people off.

Thanks lots, Elizabeth!

Rosalie Skinner said...

They do lend themselves to becoming twirling skirts.
Another great ten sentence tale.