blogspot counter

Monday, April 23, 2012

Magical Monday: What magical creature would you like to see on the other side of…

What charm or curse might befall you if you dare to walk under that unusual tree arch?

I’m big on parallel worlds and always search for hidden connectors. This sure looks like a portal to me. I wonder if the leaves would flutter if I walked under the arch. As green and lovely as that meadow is, I’d be expecting to be greeted by a friendly faerie, jolly elf, or mischievous gnome. What I’d really love to see would be a fantastical bird, whirling a blaze of vibrant feathers that sparkle in the sunshine. The bird’s song would be hypnotically sweet, magic carried on every note. But, magic follows few if any rules and a demonic beast may lumber up, bearing rows of sharp teeth to force me to retreat back through the portal. 

What magical creature would you like or expect to see if you passed under that arch? 


~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. The first of her epic fantasy romance series, ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS, is now available--SEEKING A SCRIBE. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

13 comments:

Maeve Greyson said...

I'd love to find myself nose to nose with a lovely unicorn. Loved the awesome picture!

Katy Huth Jones said...

Thanks for the magical post and photo to start my Monday right! I'd love to come face-to-face with a large, purplish-green, friendly dragon. :)

Marsha A. Moore said...

Maeve, I love unicorns too. I have one as a key character in my Enchanted Bookstore Legends. One reviewer called my unicorn a "bad ass," which pleased me!

Katy, I can just see his purplish-green scales!

austinblan said...

I have always considered myself a bit of a werewolf, so... It would be neat to become one. With the ability to change at will, as well, of course. Meeting a dragon would be quite awesome, as well.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Or even more interesting to be a werewolf while meeting a dragon! Thanks, Austin!

Hektor Karl said...

"a fantastical bird, whirling a blaze of vibrant feathers that sparkle in the sunshine."

This sounds like a pretty good choice to me!

Marsha A. Moore said...

Love birds! Must be all the years I trudged through damp early mornings with Audubon. Thanks for stopping in, Hektor!

Emilia Quill said...

I'd love to meet Pegasus, he could introduce me to the Muses.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Hey Emilia! Glad you stopped in. I agree, meeting Pegasus would be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love the portal tree. And yes I would walk through it.

Marsha A. Moore said...

It is an amazing shape and would be hard to resist! Thanks for visiting, Mary.

runebug said...

Oh my goodness, I do that too! I like to imagine there are doorways everywhere and we just need to find the right way to open them.

I would like to find myself confronted with a giant rainbow speed snail in a bowler hat. "Taxi?" it would ask me. I would confirm that the inhabitants of this universe accept pocket fluff as their chief currency, and go on a ride around the world and back again.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Runebug, you're not alone! What a fun ride that would be! Thanks lots for stopping in for a visit.