blogspot counter

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: Two Sets of Tracks Follow Me Still



I looked over my shoulder, and these tracks following behind gave me a real surprise. I hadn’t brought my bike on this trip to the beach, and I walked alone. I stared at the odd sight, then smiled.

You were thinking of me as much as I was thinking about you, all the times we’d walked together. Years ago, when I was little, I took my bicycle everywhere. You stayed by my side...in case I’d fall. Much later, a cane jumbled your shuffled footprints while we watched diving pelicans and chased hermit crabs into their sand tunnel homes. And I stayed by your side…in case you’d fall.

I never knew you’d come along today and leave these tracks. I’m so happy you’re still here…in case I fall.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: