blogspot counter

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: Unicorn Street


I drove through a new part of town yesterday, actually trying to find a short cut when I found myself running late as rush hour started. Along the multi-lane, one-way traffic corridor, vehicles moved like a line of ants—close and rapid.

At one side street, this low sign caught my eye, although no traffic marker on the corner substantiated the name. I slowed as much as possible while I drove past to gain a longer glimpse down the connecting road. Unlike all other one-way, parallel roads in the grid, it curved into a large park, which looked normal enough, except for the blue shade trees nestled deep on the spacious lawn…blue not like the hint of blue of a spruce but brilliant blue like forget-me-nots. No trace of a unicorn, although I suspected they were hiding or resting or playing or whatever unicorns do underneath those blue trees.

A driver behind honked for me to move ahead. Unsure how to turn around in the massive network of the one-way streets, I typed coordinates into my GPS and found no Unicorn Street shown nor any park.

If you know anything about the street or park or have seen any unicorns there, please message me. I’m determined to return to that part of town and explore Unicorn Street and will share my findings.



Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: