blogspot counter

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tea Leaf Tales: Escaped Musical Dining Chairs!


“We’ve been spotted—stop the game and don’t move!” a male voice blurted out, and others stopped humming a tune.

My gaze darted to where three dining chairs stood with no diners in sight. Curious why a motley group of dining chairs, clearly not more typically adventurous Adirondacks or willow rockers or even ladderbacks, would venture into the woods, I hid behind a tree trunk.

Rustling noise accompanied a voice that whispered, “She’s too close, right over there, behind that tree. We’ve got to escape before we’re discovered.”

I peeked around the edge, and when I saw the chairs stepping, one leg at a time, away from me, I jumped out.

They fled, but when one tripped, its leg braces tangled in the wildflower thicket, I thought I had him. 

Before I could catch up, the other two lifted their trapped partner onto their arms and unwound the weeds from his rungs. In a flash, the trio of renegades scampered deep into the forest.

I searched for hours for the runaway odd lot, hearing only chuckles from the trees, and I cursed them under my breath, “Darned wood alliances.”

Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.
 
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance: Book One, SEEKING A SCRIBE, Book Two, HERITAGE AVENGED, Book Three, LOST VOLUMES, and Book Four, STAUROLITE. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: