blogspot counter

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tea Leaf Tales: Have you passed through an enchanted gate to spring yet?



Spring for me is about getting outside and enjoying the burst of plant life, using as many senses as I can manage simultaneously until I’m blissfully delirious.

I’m thrilled to let you in on one of my recent discoveries—if you pass through one of the secret gates of spring, you’ll experience heightened fragrances, more vivid blossoms, and an awareness of the most subtle nuances of changes in tender green shoots. My jasmine vine, threatening to take over the entire front of our house, smells especially wonderful this year…after I stumbled upon this gate.

Keep in mind, the special gates aren’t easy to spot. I overlooked this one at least a dozen times before I recognized it. A friend had told me about these legendary gates, but I didn’t believe her since I’d never seen one before. I approached this gate with some disbelief since it seemed to lead to nowhere in particular, but as soon as my hand grazed the metal frame, whiffs of sweet essence caught my nose. Passing through, a chorus of tinkling bells from the field of white wildflowers greeted me. My friend had been right…I unlocked a passageway into spring.

I hope you find a gate in your area—it takes a keen eye!


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.
 
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance: Book One, SEEKING A SCRIBE, Book Two, HERITAGE AVENGED, and Book Three, LOST VOLUMES. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I WISH I'd find a gate here in New England. Sigh. That would be total bliss.

Marsha A. Moore said...

The gates in New England are better hidden! Thanks for stopping in, Terri.