blogspot counter

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tea Leaf Tales: I found out what Reindeer do before Christmas



With Christmas a week away, I expect Santa and his elves are working round the clock. But what about the reindeer? How do they prepare for their incredible world flight on Christmas Eve? I’d be carb-loading for sure!

I’ve wondered this for many holiday seasons, and this year I may have found a clue. Take a look at this common-looking deer I spotted recently while taking an early morning hike.

Only later, when I checked out this picture, did I notice those odd glimmers of sparkling light on the twigs near her body. Remaining drops of dew possibly reflected the angled sun rays, but I suspect the camera lens detected magic radiating off this special deer—a reindeer. She was grazing and taking a peaceful stroll through the woods. I think she was centering for her enormous responsibilities soon approaching.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance: Book One, SEEKING A SCRIBE, Book Two, HERITAGE AVENGED, and Book Three, LOST VOLUMES. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

2 comments:

Tracy Falbe said...

Lovely.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thank you for stopping in, Tracy! May Christmas magic come your way.