blogspot counter

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tea Leaf Tales: Urban Fantasy Turkey Shoot

While preparing for our Thanksgiving feast, I considered several ideas, researching many holiday and recipe sites. Fresh fowl seems essential. We always get our bird the day before cooking. I’ve often worried what would happen if the local stores ran out of fresh turkeys. I think I’ve found a good alternative—finding a hunter.

I’d certainly hire this lady, since she must be experienced to keep her wedding dress spotless while making the kill. We can only hope she remains as fresh-looking after bagging her other catch in the church.

On second thought, I think she’s an urban fantasy heroine, capable of using her skills as an expert marksman while dressed like a model. That racy thigh-high slit paired with wellies and a confident smile tip me off.

Now I know if I can’t find my fresh gobbler in a store, I’ll aim for the nearest larger-than-life urban fantasy heroine.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance: Book One, SEEKING A SCRIBE, Book Two, HERITAGE AVENGED, and Book Three, LOST VOLUMES. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

3 comments:

Ella Gray said...

Awesome! Although I think the effect would be even better if she had a perfectly coiffed bad-ass hairstyle instead of that awful hat :)

Happy Turkey Day Marsha!

Marsha A. Moore said...

Ella, I thought you'd like this one! And I agree her hairstyle is lacking a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Rolando Garcia said...

I think a real hunter would not pose for the camera holding the gun that way.