blogspot counter

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tea Leaf Tales: Beach or Bust in the Flower Power Bus

You can tell it’s spring here in Tampa since everyone heads to the beach, crammed into cars and SUV’s between coolers, folding chairs, and sun umbrellas. Last week, I took a day off and joined the call to the sea. As I waited at a traffic light, a van skidded to a stop but kept bouncing. I couldn't help staring at that wild paint job, but was even more surprised when familiar voices rang out.

Slipping and sliding
All along the water fall, with you
My brown eyed girl,” a male sang with a cheery tenor.

“Don’t you be takin’ my girl under a waterfall, man! …way down below the ocean where I want to be she may be.”

“Either sounds cool, ‘cause…I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love,” another crooned with a smooth snarl.

A fourth interrupted and began chanting, “Everybody's very happy
'Cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day.
I love L.A.”

The driver of the van looked over his shoulder, yelling, “Venice, Florida, you nerd!” before he turned the corner, leaving me seconds to weigh my curiosity and either follow them to their beach or pick a quieter one, farther down the road.

(Song lyric credits: Van Morrison, Donovan, Elvis, and Randy Newman.)

~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. The first of her epic fantasy romance series, ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS, is now available--SEEKING A SCRIBE. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

2 comments:

Denise Covey said...

You caught my attention with that combie bus and the psychedelic paint job. Awesome Marsha.

Denise

Marsha A. Moore said...

A fun one for sure! Thanks, Denise.