blogspot counter

Monday, March 5, 2012

Magical Monday: Why did this vase wink at me?


Recently, I stumbled upon another magical object, in the back of an antique store, hidden inside a dusty cabinet. As soon as I open the squeaky cupboard door, that closed eye opened and winked at me while the corners of the mustache lifted slightly. My guess is the vase or the spirit it housed was trying to tempt me, but why and for what?

I hope it’s some sort of genie, wanting a moment of release in exchange for granting my wish. I have so much that needs to get done, a little help would be welcome. Or maybe it’s a portal to a magical land. What a vacation that would be! Could it be evil, wanting to imprison me inside if I get too close or clean off the dust?

I need your help. What do you think the vase spirit intended?
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. She is the author of the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE. Look for her first of an epic fantasy romance series, SEEKING A SCRIBE: ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS ONE, to be available March, 2012. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

7 comments:

Tanja said...

He wants to tell you that he is distantly related to the Fat Lady of Malta: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Fat_lady_of_malta.jpg and that you are due for a holiday there!

Marsha A. Moore said...

I wonder if I should go on the vacation or diet first. Definitely don't want to end up like the Fat Lady of Malta!

Love your explanation, Tanja--thanks for stopping by.

Pat Dale said...

Watch out. The spirit of this vase is trying to lure you in for the kill. LOL
PD

Marsha A. Moore said...

That's exactly what I'm afraid of, Pat!

Wendy said...

Marsha, since you are the vase-holder, I suggest you kiss those lips and tell us what happens. Something really good, I'll bet.

Anonymous said...

It kinda looks like a grome wearing goggles. Albeit a fat one. And he's trapped inside. And if you let him out he'll make your garden grow.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Wendy, since it would take some courage to kiss those lips, I would hope there's a reward! Good idea!

Mary, a trapped gnome! I could use on since I've been doing lots of gardening lately.