blogspot counter

Monday, January 9, 2012

Magical Monday: Three magical stones—what is my fortune or fate?


 
While on a walk, I came across these three stones. They were scattered along the edges of a trail. The first I saw, but passed by. When I noticed the second twenty feet away, with the same banding pattern, I walked back to get the first. After searching for more, the third, behind a tree trunk, was all I could find with these curious markings. I arranged them with the lines matched as shown and felt an odd power vibrate through the air. As soon as I did, the sounds in the forest became louder, lots of buzzing, stirring, slithering, chirping, grunting, cawing… Immediately, I collected the stones, and everything returned to normal. 

What are these? Clearly, together they hold some type of magic. What will happen if I leave the markings aligned? 

I’ve spent some time staring at this collection, wondering what might happen. Maybe a handsome prince will come to meet me. Probably not—these are dark, pitted rocks, not fancy gems of some fairytale. More likely, an evil wizard, disguised as a beggar, will wander up quietly and place a curse upon me, so that I will never be able to leave the forest. Years of wind and weather will move the rocks apart, but not until another hiker realigns them and becomes the next captive will I be set free. That is my fear.

Do you know the magic in these rocks? What fortune or fate do I face?

For more interesting speculative talk, I'm over at the Speculative Salon today, discussing how astrology seems to be a good guide for making my 2012 writing goals.

~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. She is the author of the novel, TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE, the first in a trilogy. Part two, TORTUGA TREASURE is contracted for release in January, 2012. Look for her first of an epic fantasy romance series, SEEKING A SCRIBE: ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS ONE, to be available March, 2012. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, Le Cirque De Magie. Share

2 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

You always come up with such fantastic ideas. These are beautiful stones. Maybe they hold the magic of a prince whose been locked away for years and waits for release.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks, Ro. I like your idea better--sound safer.