blogspot counter

Friday, July 15, 2011

Romantic Friday Writer__Surrender to a Pirate Captain's Sweet Seduction

Romantic Friday Writers is a blog fest every Friday. Many thanks to L'Aussie and Francine Howarth for creating this fun event. Click on the icon at the end of my post to check out other great writers participating today or join the blog fest. A winner is awarded the recognition of being this week's featured author.

Today's challenge is to 'Surrender' in 400 words or less.That speaks to me of finally giving way to passions withheld. This is an excerpt from my fantasy romance book, Tortuga Treasure,  which is in edits for release in January, 2012. The heroine, a mermaid named Ciel, has long been romantically pursued by the smooth-talking pirate, Raphael, who captains the Black Hawk schooner. He has been resting in his captain's quarters, healing after an injury, and Ciel is present as a nurse to care for him.
 ~   ~   ~
       
Raphael nodded, dismissing his cook, and then swung his bare legs from under the covers and to the floor.
Noticing his state of undress, stripped to his shorts, I turned away and picked up a muffin, struggling to give it my full attention. I moved to stand in front of his desk.
“Ciel, you shouldn’t be embarrassed. We were lovers.” He stepped near, selected a strawberry from the tray, and circled in front of me.
I couldn’t look away.
He gently licked the berry and came close, a not-quite-touching position he was so good at.
I felt his touch without any contact. The hairs on my arms raised. Was he using magic?
“So fresh.” Then, he nibbled the tip off, keeping his eyes fixed on mine.
I gulped. My face flooded with heat. The slow movements of his mouth entranced me. I forced my eyes to the floor and moved a step away. “Don’t try your pirate magic on me. It won’t work anymore. I’ve trained with the Silver Merman and my powers are far greater than yours.”
He chuckled and his lips curved into a sly grin. “Funny. I wasn’t using any at all.” I didn’t know if he told the truth or not. My mind so addled with desire, I couldn’t read his vibrations. He took up a second strawberry and lifted it to my mouth.
I hesitated, although its ripeness filled my nose and saliva flooded my mouth.
He came directly beside me, inches away. His natural musky scent and lingering traces of sandalwood cologne made me shiver. “Please, don’t deny me.”
I cautiously bit into the fruit. The slight roughness of the seeds scraped gently against my tongue, before delicious sweetness burst into my mouth. Unable to resist the second bite, my lips brushed his fingers. Their saltiness contrasted pleasantly with the oversweet berry. I spent a moment too long enjoying the combination of flavors.
He encircled the back of my waist with one arm and licked my lips, murmuring, “Strawberries are me favorite.”

WC= 338

To learn more, you'll have to wait on the book, but the first part of the series, with both Ciel and Raphael is available--Tears on a Tranquil Lake. You can find it at MuseItUp Publishing or Amazon.com. Happy Reading!


Share


13 comments:

dolorah said...

I'm seriously tantalized. This was a sensual dellight.

........dhole

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

I love the sensual tease in this, which can say so much more than explicit sex. The descriptions minimal but enough impact for dramatic effect, and I could smell those strawberries! Lovely cameo.

best
F

Kiru Taye said...

Oh, sweet delights. I like it.

The Poet said...

Oh my goodness!
He's smooth...real smooth.
I'm quite partial to strawberries myself.

Delightfully sinful and no better way to surrender:-)

Unknown said...

Hmmm, a mermaid and a pirate, that sounds very promising. He certainly knows what he's doing when it comes to seduction!

Marsha A. Moore said...

@Donna -- Tempting her with the fruit is so sensual and devilish. Thanks for visiting.

@Francine -- I agree, the smell of the fruit adds to the allure.

@Kiru -- Thanks lots for stopping in!

@Andy -- Captain Raphael is a smooth devil, for sure! Thanks!

@Ruth -- Raphael is a charmer and causes my mermaid lots of trouble. Thanks for visiting.

Paula Martin said...

Mmm, yes, very sensual :-)

Beverly Diehl said...

Love strawberries, and sexy men, and combined, yum-yum.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Beverly, I agree, it's a wonderful combo!

THE SARCASM GODDESS said...

Mmmm yummy! So sensual and so well written.

SR said...

Hi Marsha,

I was just looking at analytics and saw a hit from your blog. Thanks for linking to indiebookslist! Have you sent me an excerpt? If you haven't, please feel free to do so. :)

Shaina Richmond

PK HREZO said...

Whew! Where's my fan?? Love the tension and chemistry!

Marsha A. Moore said...

@Sarcasm Goddess -- He is a yummy pirate captain! :-)

@Shaina -- Will do soon! Thank you much for the invite.

@Pk -- There is certainly chemistry. Raphael causes Ciel plenty of trouble across three books! Thanks for visiting.