blogspot counter

Monday, June 27, 2011

Magical Monday: I’ve found some enchanted flips-flops! Who might use these and how?


For this week’s Magical Monday, I came upon an especially odd item. This seems easy enough to be a pair of thongs. Footwear…but, for who? Dust off your best imagination caps and help me consider who might make use of these and how.

My take on this is a meadow nymph used these to allow her some freedom to travel from the confines of her home. Certainly perfect for summertime--having the soft, green grass underneath her feet, she was able to maintain the requirements of her kind, while venturing into other environs, perhaps deserts, streams, dense woodlands, or even paved roadways in urban worlds. Maybe someone caused harm to her homeland meadow and she must seek revenge. This would be a useful accessory for the dedicated meadow nymph.

Who do you think may have used these magical flip-flops? And for what purpose?
~   ~   ~
Have you read Sea Glass and Sand Memories yet? You can find it at MuseItUp Publishing. Happy Reading!

Share

13 comments:

Tanja said...

I did - in my dreams! Because it is so hard for me to find footwear that fits and is comfortable, or that is comfortable and fits. These flip-flops have the ability to become shoes, clogs, boots, sandals... whatever type of footwear the occasion calls for. And then, if I jump and click the heels together, they become flip-flops once more.
Tanja

Roseanne Dowell said...

Wow, not sure who would wear them, but they sure look comfy. I love walking barefoot in the grass. Those would allow me to do it without taking off my shoes and risking getting stung by a bee

Marsha A. Moore said...

I always look forward to comments about my wacky magical findings, more than anything else I post about. I love to read other people's imaginings!

@zxcvbnm - I love your idea of them changing to whatever footwear is desired!

@Roseanne - I do understand. I think they'd feel great to wear!

Casi said...

They could work for a human magic user who was trying to draw on the power of the Earth in either a good way or a bad way too. They could go dungeon crawling or be somewhere where growing things are scarce and still call on the power of the Earth.

OH! Perfect character for that! Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic series, Briar Moss and Dedicate Rosethorn.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Great idea, Casi. A way to draw upon the Earth's magical powers when not in contact with the actual ground. Wonderful!

Thanks for the book tip. I will check that out!

Heather Haven said...

You are so clever, Marsha! They DO look comfy but how often do you have to water them? Do you get soggy feet after? Who does the mowing? Ever the pragmatist.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Heather, thank you for using the word 'clever,' since my husband usually thinks I'm just crazy!

I'm sure the grass tends itself. Would be poor magic otherwise! :-)

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, Marsha, those are a scream. Mygoodness... and, yes perfect for the meadow nymph. My first thought, and not very original, is that a wolf shifter would wear them because he/she misses running on the deep grass. They might just sell well in our shapeshifter town, Talbot's Peak. ~smiles~

Marsha A. Moore said...

Great idea--for a wolf shifter! Would make her time in human form more comfy for sure! Thanks for commenting, Savanna.

J. D. Brown said...

These would be good for a faery or troll who cannot step on stone/pavement/iron/etc.

An other idea would be to keep the wearer's magic "grounded" and under control, esp for those who might experience symptoms of fatigue after using their powers. :D

Danielle aka JD

Marsha A. Moore said...

Grounding is a great idea for those beings who need balancing forces of nature. Like that! Thanks, J.D.

Wist said...

I want those flip flops. Grass can't possibly leave blisters.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Well, considering they're magical, no they won't ever cause blisters! :-) Thanks for visiting, S.J.