blogspot counter

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

S.J. Wright talks about The Vampire's Warden



Today I'm glad to welcome S.J. Wright to tell about her new book. 


Contest: One lucky commenter will win a digital copy of The Vampire's Warden. Ends midnight EDT May 10th.








Title: The Vampire’s Warden
Author: S.J. Wright

ISBN: ISBN-13: 978-1460989883 (CreateSpace-Assigned)
ISBN-10: 1460989880

Page count: 186
Genre: Paranormal thriller/paranormal romance
Price: $0.99

Author Bio:  S.J. Wright is a stay-at-home married Mom with two boys, an overworked husband and a very devoted Jack Russell terrier named Shelby.

Blurb:
It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all.

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.


Sarah Brightman reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.

This is part one of a three-part series. It is 31,880 words long.

How long did it take to write the book?

Three months.

What inspired you to write the book?

I’m a huge fan of the paranormal genre—mainly YA books, but I wanted to go a little older with my own characters.  I’ve been a vampire fiction fan for many years.  I first read “Interview with the Vampire” back in 1994, and I’ve been hooked on the genre ever since.

Where can we go to buy your book?

The ebook version of The Vampire’s Warden is available on:
Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NNVKAO
Barnes & Noble at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Vampires-Warden/SJ-Wright/e/294001222269
Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/42724
The paperback version of the book is available at https://www.createspace.com/3577460

Any other links or info you'd like to share?

The Vampire’s Warden blog can be found at http://vampireswarden.blogspot.com/

Excerpt and Commentary:

This was the one who had been sent against his will for bad behavior.  Acknowledging that fact would force me to admit that the whole idea of vampires could be real.  I shook myself mentally, still trying to deny the truth that was literally staring me in the face.

I straightened and raised my chin an inch before I replied.

“Why are you here?”  I asked coldly, my chilling tone giving me courage in the face of this unbelievable scenario.  I tried to steady my breath, drawing in slow, deep gulps of the cool night air.

He moved.  It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I had never witnessed.  No human had the capacity to move like that.  When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic.  I knew that my grandfather had not been crazy at all.

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.

My denial had reached its end.

Closer now, I could see the details that I had missed before.  His body seemed to be a solid mass of muscle, garbed in black jeans and a black V-neck T-shirt that emphasized the size of his biceps.  The human-looking frame and face might have brought my disbelief back in a tidal wave if it were not for the eyes.  The contrast between his dark slanting eyebrows and pale blue eyes was inhuman.  The sardonic half smirk of his hard-looking mouth revealed that the nature of the creature before me was far from friendly.

“Why am I here?”  He tilted his head slightly and raised a hand to rub his chin, “Hmm.  Let me think.” Snapping his fingers suddenly, he brightened up and stated sarcastically, “Oh yes!  Now I remember.  I’ve been imprisoned here.”  I watched him move casually away, his dark boots treading quietly in the nighttime stillness, “Either you’re not the brightest bulb in the room, or you haven’t read the journal yet.  Which is it?”
***

This is probably my favorite excerpt from the Vampire’s Warden.  These few paragraphs give you a very accurate idea of what Michael is all about.  He is arrogant, sarcastic, incredibly sexy and very dangerous.  Sarah has never met anyone like him before.  She certainly never imagined that she would end up being in charge of such a creature.  Sarah has a lot of questions that need answered, but can she trust him to give her the right answers?  Find out more by getting your own copy of The Vampire’s Warden.

Share


6 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

sounds interesting.

C.G. Powell said...

The Vampire's Warden is a very good book. Once you read it you will be begging for the next book.

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

I like the idea it sounds like a good read.

Chrisbails said...

the book look great. would love to read this one. thanks for the great giveaway and hope to win.

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Wow I won a copy I'm not sure where to go to thank SJ Wright but thanks for the book I look forward to reading it.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Congrats, Josh! :-)