blogspot counter

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - April 3rd


Again, this is a snippet from my WIP entitled Illusions of Intimacy. Here the two lovers are facing mortal separation. This is a time travel fantasy romance. Their souls remain connected. But, chance reincarnation into another common world must occur for them to meet each other's physical forms again, so they may express their love.
“Lynae, let them save you; I will find you again in another life, my love.” He collapsed to the ground at my feet. 

I turned my head to have view of his face and reached out, grasping his hand. I felt someone apply salve, but my eyes never left his. Tears streamed, as I watched his body die. In his last breath his hand squeezed mine, and then his soul kissed me before it lifted away.
 Art credit: deviant art

Be sure to read the other fantastic entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

Share


20 comments:

Viviane Brentanos said...

Lovely post. I love the idea of souls kissing.

Jessica E. Subject said...

An emotionally powerful six.

Liz said...

It is really to early in the morning to cry!! Great emotionally packed six.

Sarah Grimm said...

Wow. I love that his soul kissed her before it lifted away. Powerful snippet!

Gem Sivad said...

Yes, hand me the box of tissues because this six made me cry. Wonderful writing!

Marie Dees said...

Beautiful and powerful. And this is such a great story idea!

Misa said...

How sad! Nicely conveyed emotion, though. Very powerful.

Arlene said...

what an awesome death scene. Love the soul kissing, so beautifull.

Patricia Preston said...

Stunning six. Beautiful and sad.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Very powerful scene. Beautifully written.

D Carney said...

Aww, how touching. :(

Cara Bristol said...

Count me in with the group. I, too, like the line about souls kissing.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Wow - sounds like a fab story! Great six :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Awwww...Poignant.

Lauri J Owen said...

Such a sad parting. :-(

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Oh how sad! I am so glad they will find themselves again.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

arghhh don't leave us here. What a scene! So heart felt, and sad :( fab six, though! Beautiful, and touching.

lexcade said...

That's beautiful. Amazing idea, too.

Liana Brooks said...

Heartbreaking.

Unknown said...

Such sorrow! Great six!