blogspot counter

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - March 6th

This week I'm featuring one last snippet from my fantasy erotic romance, Tears on a Tranquil Lake. The six sentences are from one of my favorite scenes in the book. I loved it so much, it inspired me to create the watercolor painting below. Now you can see how I picture my mermaid, Ciel, and her merman lover, Meris.

I've used my watercolor illustration to print some cool giveaway items, a tote bag and sets of note cards. If you visit my website http://www.MarshaAMoore.com you'll find how to enter the contest.

               He waved his arm above the structures, and in moments hundreds of tiny hermit crabs became the ‘people’ of this imaginary world, climbing the ramps and manning the turrets at his bidding.
            “Oh!  How do you do that? That's amazing!”
            “Merpeople can perform magic. This is only one simple example of what I can teach you.”
Be sure to read the other awesome entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Magical!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Beautiful painting and excerpt!

Viviane Brentanos said...

lovely. Evokes images of theat wonderful scene from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, when they are underwater

Gem Sivad said...

Lavish and evocative.

Great six!

gem

Sarah Grimm said...

Hmm, I wonder what else he can teach her?

Magical six, Marsha. And the watercolor is lovely!

~Sarah

Ella Drake said...

Great imagery!

Roseanne Dowell said...

Wow, what a fabulous painting. Great six also.

Anonymous said...

Great six! Brilliant painting. xx

Stacey Kennedy said...

I LOVE magic!! Awesome Snippet!

Marie Dees said...

Beautiful - both the painting and the scene. A peaceful and magical moment.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and the watercolor is lovely.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

lovely descriptions...and oh so magical!

Sandra Sookoo said...

beautiful and fun! Lovely painting!

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Love mermen and mermaids! Great six!

Keri Ford said...

Fantastic and the painting is beautiful!

Lisa Fox said...

That painting is AWESOME! And that is a great six!

Jay Di Meo said...

Love merfolk!

Funny - I have an interview on EM Lynley's blog about that and an erotica story I wrote about a merman - here:

http://www.emlynley.com/blog/

Loved your post!

Rebecca Royce said...

Beautiful!!

Lauri J Owen said...

Beautiful combination of art forms. I wish I had a magical merman!

Casi said...

The picture is beautiful, and the words are just as magical.

Laura Kaye said...

Sweet and magical!

Alanna Coca said...

Wow. Great six