blogspot counter

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - March 27th



This is another sampling from my WIP, Illusions of Intimacy. In this scene, a shaman has magically appeared and gives guidance to my hero, newly reincarnated and lost from his love.
He freed the swirling ball from his palm and it floated toward the mouth of the cave. It paused there, hanging like a beacon in the cave's heavy mist. “It beckons, my son. Dry your eyes and uncloud your mind so your magic can lead you after it, bringing you to a place where your heart's sadness will be lifted, and . . . to find her, once again.”
I briefly embraced him and pressed a small purse of coins into his hand. My heart raced ahead of my feet, drawn to the pearly orb and . . . to you, my lady.
Don't forget--contest ends March 31st to win printed copies of my illustration, an intimate beach scene with my mermaid and merman couple from Tears on a Tranquil Lake. See my website, the contest page, for details. http://www.MarshaAMoore.com
 Art reference: Wildforge

Be sure to read the other fantastic entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

27 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

I can feel his hope in that last sentence. Great six!

Lisa Fox said...

Your snippets are always so beautiful. A very lovely six.

Gem Sivad said...

Nice imagery.Very magical six!

gem

Ella Drake said...

Intriguing, but I have a feeling it won't be so easy.

Sandra Sookoo said...

lovely scene and very intriguing!

Roseanne Dowell said...

Great six. Very captivating. I actually felt I was in the scene. The only thing I'd do is leave ot the words - it began to float and change it to it floated.

Patricia Preston said...

Beautiful description!

Viviane Brentanos said...

Beautiful six - as always. I really feel his yearning

Cate Masters said...

Great setup. Looking forward to reading more of this.

Liz said...

Love this six. I could not only picture it - I could feel it!

Arlene said...

Right in the scene, with excellent visuals.

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Lovely six!

Sarah Grimm said...

Nice six! Magical. I hope he finds his love.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh, orbs and magic. Love it. As they say here in TN..."You dun good."

Unknown said...

Love the description. Hope this works out for him!

Claire Robyns said...

torn from love of his life... my fav plotline.

Jayel Kaye said...

wonderful imagery. "Heart's sadness will be lifted." great stuff

Marie Dees said...

Great sense of moving forward and urgency. And I like shamans.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Love this snippet, and my raced ahead of my feet... love it! Real sense of urgency in these six, and love your voice!

Cara Bristol said...

Mysterious!

Lauri J Owen said...

Ah 0 the things we do for love. Hope this works for him!

Lindsay said...

Beautiful six.

Anonymous said...

I love how you draw in the reader into the fantastical moment of your hero.

Wonderfully written, Marsha!

Laura Kaye said...

Compelling and visceral!

Unknown said...

Awesome, Six!

Anonymous said...

Very intriguing six!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Very powerful six, well done! :)