blogspot counter

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - March 20th


After taking a week off from Six Sentence Sunday, I'm returning with a sample from one of my WIP, a time travel fantasy romance novel I began when I started this blog, sharing the same name, Illusions of Intimacy. This is the opening, a poetic prose passage, which sets the theme, a timeless bond between a man and woman.



Your presence known through whispers riding upon gentle breezes which lift strands of my hair, or in gusts whipping past, ravaging my body, or in the shivers along my spine from the howl of a solitary wolf. You are there in the crash of lightning bolts, cutting the night sky, in the gleam of a pearl's lustre, or with the inspiration of a familiar scent. Images of you linger on my mind for hours, months, centuries--timeless.
Our adventures have no beginning, no end. We share lust and love, anguish and joy, separation and unity . . . all are blissful. You know me better than any man, and for that singular reason I am your love.

Also, today only you can buy my fantasy romance book Tears on a Tranquil Lake for 50% off ($2.25) until midnight. Use code MA2011S in discount box. http://bit.ly/h0EZrs 

Be sure to read the other fantastic entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Wonderful imagery used to create the feeling of intense love.

Ella Drake said...

Very sensual.

Viviane Brentanos said...

Such elegant prose. I am jealous

Sandra Sookoo said...

pretty and elegant :-)

Roseanne Dowell said...

I have to agree with everyone else. Pure elegance!

Arlene said...

You certainly can string elegance. Lovely lines.

Liz said...

Beautifully written....

Sarah Grimm said...

Beautiful six, Marsha! Nice job.

~Sarah

Taryn Kincaid said...

Poetic.

sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous writing in every respect. Too bad you, with your background, did not read my previous weeks re: Chester. I've since changed characters as he was hated too much...

Marsha A. Moore said...

Sue, I'll be sure to take a look back at your previous entries with Chester later today.

Christa Paige said...

Exquisite imagery in beautiful prose.

Cate Masters said...

Evocative imagery. Well done.

Anonymous said...

So vivid!

Lindsay said...

imagery extraordinary

Liana Brooks said...

Beautiful.

Marie Dees said...

Very elegantly written!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

beautiful words...so lovely and romantic. I just love this line: Images of you linger on my mind for hours, months, centuries--timeless.
xx nice six!

Unknown said...

Very nice, almost dreamlike. I really like the pic too.

Lauri J Owen said...

Lovely!

Layna Pimentel said...

One word, beautiful.