blogspot counter

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - February 20th


 Here’s six from my newly released fantasy erotic romance book Tears on a Tranquil Lake

In this selection, I'll give you another taste of my favorite character from the book...a Haitian vodoun Mambo named Teega. She's that fascinating type who is both good and evil...my version of Severus Snape!

     Teega spoke into my ear. “Ciel, et es time now. Yer soul be ready to learn et’s path. Drink tis liquor to help open et to the truth.”

      She filled the chalice with a dark liquid, placed it into my hand, and raised it to my lips, encouraging me to drink. I attempted to turn my head away, but discovered I was powerless against the strength of her magic.

Purchase Link
Be sure to read the other awesome entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

Art Reference: Voodoo caster_Mellon

20 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Deliciously spooky. Love the Cajun/Haitian accent.

Ella Drake said...

Sounds like trouble!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Another great passage to show us who Tega is! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice cajun flavor.. can hear the accent the way it's written.

Liz said...

Nice - and the haitian/voodoo accent had just enough flavor without being distracting to the reader

Anonymous said...

Great snippet. Tega is a little scary!

Sarah Grimm said...

Seems like trouble is brewing. Nice six!

Stacey Kennedy said...

oooo....very compelling!!!

Arlene said...

The spooky accent, dialogue locks me right in the scene.

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Love the atmosphere you create. Great post!

Lisa A. Vance said...

Nice! The accent seemed perfect!

L. A. Green said...

Wonderful creepiness. I can hear Teega's voice in my head.

Unknown said...

Noooo. Don't drink it.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Powerful snippet. Great job!

Lisa Fox said...

Awesomely creepy! Nicely done!

Jayel Kaye said...

I love this character

Casi said...

It's never good to be powerless. I hope she gets some power before she drinks.

Good excerpt!

Lauri J Owen said...

Wonder what's going to happen when she drinks!

Lex Valentine said...

Oh, the suspense!

Lynne Murray said...

Suspenseful six!