blogspot counter

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vacation time in the Keys

Finally, between the holidays I have a moment to share my vacation photos. My husband and I spent the week before Thanksgiving in the Keys. It was laid-back and wonderful. These are arranged as we traveled the last mile markers of Route One to the southern tip of the US. Hope you enjoy the pics!
We found lots of overgrown sea life around Key Largo. Must be something in the water there!





... the beautiful natural environment of Bahia Honda State Park
A remaining section of the Henry Flagler railroad which connected the Keys prior to Route One.


Me after a great bike ride in Bahia Honda State Park... definitely a happy-to-be-on-vacation face!






 



I love crepes and so one of the first stops in Key West was La Creperie. The lady on the left is the owner. Her friends were lots of fun. There was a price for taking this photo--the parrot's owner insisted I pet Pearl. He set her down on the back of my chair and we bonded. It was love! She reluctantly went back to her owner for a trip to Home Depot. Some strange things are commonplace in Key West, like parrots in the stores or ...






wild chickens in the streets.








After lots of biking we made it to the southernmost point of the U.S. 
my sweet husband Steve



Me and ...
Have a terrific holiday season!  

0 comments: