blogspot counter

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - January 23rd

I'm in the mood for pirates this week, since next Saturday is Tampa's Gasparilla Festival, a Mardi Gras-style, buccaneer  celebration of the famed invasion of Jose Gaspar on the Bay. 

This is a scene from the wild pirate hangout of Tortuga where Ciel, the mermaid, is being seduced by Raphael, the pirate captain--from my book Tears on a Tranquil Lake, releasing in 9 days. Yes, I'm excited!
          Raphael corked a half-filled bottle of the finest Cuban blend to take along. He supported my tipsy frame, balanced unstably upon my spread tail fin, his arm wrapped securely around my waist. Together, we eased through the thick darkness of a cloudy night lit only by tavern lanterns. We picked our way carefully over and around more passed out mariners than we could count, as well as numerous clinched pairs of whores and buccaneers in varying states
of undress. Hedonism and debauchery flourished, hidden under the shroud of night.
         The theme of the evening continued inside Raphael’s fine captain’s quarters.
**** 

Be sure to read the other awesome entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

Art reference (top) angrymikko

26 comments:

Sarah Grimm said...

What, you're going to leave me to my imagination? I don't know, I can think of more than a few hedonistic acts to go on inside the captain's quarters. ")

Great six this week, Marsha.

Ann Mayburn said...

I love the imagry you built with this! Esp the mention of the tail fin.

Lisa Fox said...

Hedonism and debauchery, two of my favorite things!

Jayel Kaye said...

I am excited for your release. I think this is a great story

Anonymous said...

I love this post, if not for the fact that it contains two of my favourite words'Hedonism and debauchery' ;-) AND I love the artwork!

Sandra Sookoo said...

lovely six. Sounds like a great story!

Eve Cassidy said...

Nice six! Oh wow I remember Gasparilla in Tampa. Fond memories.

Unknown said...

I want to know what happens in the captain's quarters. Maybe next week?

D Carney said...

So let's hear more about their private celebration! ;)

Roseanne Dowell said...

I remember Gasparilla from when we lived in Tampa many, many, many years ago.

Arlene said...

drunken mermaid, wobbling on her fin and being lead to the captain's quarters, yep,I'd read on.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Your descriptions are wonderful!

D. F. Krieger said...

I don't know whether to grin or feel sorry for her. But then again if she's getting it on with a sexy pirate, maybe I'll just feel ever so slightly lustful?! >:D

Leigh Ellwood said...

Good imagery there. Thanks for the Six post!

Trish said...

Great descriptions,

really brings the scene alive.

Cate Masters said...

Mermaids and pirates - great combo! Congrats on your upcoming release.

Anonymous said...

Great descriptions!

Joleene Naylor said...

This sounds like such an interesting book!

Alanna Coca said...

Nice six! Very interesting.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

I just love your voice, and how descriptive you are, I'll defo be checking out your work == another great six!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new release. It's gonna be a Great one!

Anonymous said...

Aaaw! Definitely on the ToBuy list! :-D
Barb

Emily Cale said...

I love mermaids! Great post. Love the setup.

Layna Pimentel said...

An intriguing and descriptive post. Great six, Marsha. :)

N. R. Williams said...

Intriguing and well written.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks lots, Nancy!