blogspot counter

Monday, May 31, 2010

Visiting exotic Persia with my work in progress, Illusions of Intimacy

My work in progress, Illusions of Intimacy, is a time travel erotic fantasy involving eight exotic settings. This is a true delight for me because I love creating magical worlds.

The hero and heroine are lovers joined by a bond of their souls. When the pair come together, their combined magic is so intense it commands notice from all, both good and evil. Dark powers seek to possess their unique bond and cast the couple asunder through tragic injury or death. Break their love and the magic is for the taking. Yet, their souls hold fast across many reincarnations into new mortal bodies. Foiling the forces of darkness, so they may remain beside each other, becomes their quest.

In my writing progress, their present generation lives in ancient Arabia, traditionally called Persia. The inherent mystery of the sea of sand provides the perfect backdrop for entrance of the first villain.

As I create an atmosphere I enjoy researching culture – architecture, clothing, art, folklore, music, dance. I take those components and flavor a unique fantasy setting.

I’d like to share some entertaining finds I made while conducting that research. Here are two videos of Arabian music, both enticing and alluring as they illustrate romanticism of that culture. The first is entitled Arabian Waltz, by The Silk Road Ensemble with Yo-Yo Ma as their guest. The second, filled with lovely landscape images, is Sufi music performed by Omar Faruk Tekbilek.






Share/Bookmark


5 comments:

Lea said...

Isn't it wonderful how you can travel the world all from the comfort of your writing chair?

Great post and enjoyed the videos.

Marsha A. Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marsha A. Moore said...

Those kinds of vacations are very relaxing. :)

Thanks, Lea.

Cheryl said...

Time travel romance is something I really enjoy. I didn't think I would, but after reading a couple, I'm hooked.

I love to hear how writers perform research. It gives me all kinds of ideas.

Keep up the great work.

Cheryl

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks lots, Cheryl! :)