blogspot counter

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: The Turkey’s Feathered Tale


“Oh, dear me. I told him not to do it.”
This morning I heard him muttering, “A real turkey day with a live bird.”
Since then, I haven’t seen him. I called his phone with no luck. I fidgeted and waited for a response to the message I’d left. In the midst of near panick, wondering who to call, where to go, what to do, a Dickinson poem came to mind.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.
I smiled to myself and hummed the tune that came. There would be a tale to be told and laughed about and learned from round this Thanksgiving table.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy and fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. Or enjoy a magical realism tale of a haunted yoga studio with SHADOWS OF SERENITY. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: