blogspot counter

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: Disappearance in Timeless Trails Metro Park


While out for a walk a few days ago, I came upon this watch left on a run-down park bench. My first thought was how to return the watch to its owner, but the out-of-the-way park had no office or call-box, and no one was in sight. Ultimately I decided to do nothing, hoping the owner might retrace his steps to the lost item. 

I returned home without the watch but it remained on my mind, increasingly more each day thereafter until it became paramount that I trek back to the spot and satisfy my curiosity about its outcome. Today, three days after my initial discovery, I found the watch in the same exact position. I walked around the bench, placed my hands on the seatback, and considered why the owner hadn’t retrieved it. Surely others passed by and didn’t claim it either. Was the watch not lost but discarded? Writing on the back of the bench caught my attention, and I bent low to read: Property of Timeless Trails Metro Park.  I tried to let go of the bench, but it was too late.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy and fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. Or enjoy a magical realism tale of a haunted yoga studio with SHADOWS OF SERENITY. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

3 comments:

Mrs. Contreras said...

Once again you have written the beginnings of a great story.

Marsha A. Moore said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading!

Rosalie Skinner said...

Another terrific tale.