blogspot counter

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tea Leaf Tales: Alien Jungle Gym

 

I couldn’t resist taking a closer look. The snowless patch underneath made me curious. Somehow the contraption gave off heat. By now, in this long winter, anything warm merited investigation.

Unmarked, with a cone extending between propped legs it seemed alien and spaceshippy, but the ladder and numerous, tiny lookout windows said children’s jungle gym.

I placed a hand on the side and heat soaked through the knit of my mitten. I gave a rap and called a tentative hello toward the nearest window. After a minute with no reply, a frigid gust prompted me to try the steps. Shards of melting ice slowed my progress. When at last I reached the level of the porthole, my eyes shot open, and my mouth formed a speechless circle.


Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.

*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous, epic fantasy romance. For a FREE ebook sample of her writing, read her historic fantasy short story, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: