blogspot counter

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 transitions open the door for a wonderful 2014!

I seldom make resolutions at the start of a new year since I make more than enough all year long to keep me too busy--to which my husband can attest. But the end of 2013 was marked by three noteworthy transitions, which together taught me much and are opening my life and writing world to wonderful new horizons.

For most of the past year, I’ve been busy attending a yoga teacher training program. The personal introspection involved in that journey taught me much about myself. It was an arduous but invaluable training. I will be forever grateful for those who shared that path. We graduated in early December, but their spirits will remain with me always.

At the very same time, I closed the sale on a property I owned that had been my mother’s. Many of you know I helped her through a difficult struggle with dementia until her passing. Emptying, cleaning, repairing, and selling her property was one more goodbye in a string of many. But as my final tangible responsibility to her, it marked a passage and a moment of growth.

A third transition caught me off guard with the release of the fifth and final book, Quintessence, in my epic fantasy romance series—Enchanted Bookstore Legends. All year I’d been eager to actualize completion of the long and interwoven tale. Yet when I approached writing the last five chapters, I fought against myself to finish the book. I puzzled over my hesitation—not writer’s block since I well knew how the storyline ended. It surprised me to feel emotional, a sense of loss upon leaving my characters and their world with the final words. Now, like a parent, I stand back, proud of their achievements, and am eager for readers to enjoy the final adventures.

With so much closure, my slate feels squeaky clean as I look to 2014. New paths await! In my yoga teaching world, I’ll be pursuing an extended training to become certified to help injured veterans with adaptive yoga therapy. With my writing, I’m eager to follow a fork in the fantasy road to bring my readers some magical realism. I’ve been planning this shift for a few years. I’m so excited, ideas are spilling into my fingers!

I feel fortunate to be able to pursue these new journeys with new clarity.

I wish you all a great 2014!
*~*~*
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

0 comments: