blogspot counter

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tea Leaf Tales: The Magic of Tranquility


It began with a hard job of spreading a truckload of river rock around the garden. After days of work laying mulch, pruning plants, hauling rock, both my mind and body ached with exhaustion.

During a break, I sat on the old wooden deck, its boards warmed by the late morning sun and smoothed to a silvery sheen by years of weathering. Cast off stones lay tossed on one end.

A few interesting shapes woke me from my mindless daze, and I allowed my bruised fingers to slide over each, embracing round curves and time-worn nooks.

These four channeled a special understanding to me. I followed intuition and laid the largest on its most stable side, then attempted to balance the widest across it as a platform. It teetered, as did my tired limbs, but once the rock steadied, so did I. After placement of each of the other two stones, clarity washed over my mind, lightness and peace spread along my aching muscles. Together, the balanced stones held the special magic of tranquility.

Tea Leaf Tales is a series of original ten-sentence short stories by Marsha A. Moore, relating to photos/scenes that resonate with her.
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. Read her ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS for adventurous epic fantasy romance: Book One, SEEKING A SCRIBE, Book Two, HERITAGE AVENGED, Book Three, LOST VOLUMES, and Book Four, STAUROLITE. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

2 comments:

Rosalie Skinner said...

Again, a magic is woven through your words. Love this.
Thanks for creating and sharing. :)

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thank you so much, Rosalie! It warms my heart to bring others some pleasure and enchantment.