blogspot counter

Monday, May 14, 2012

Magical Monday: What are the powers of this Crescent Moon Ring?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here’s yet another mysterious and unknown magical find. At the bottom of a trinket box of antique baubles, this intricately wrought design caught my attention. I couldn’t resist slipping it on. It fit perfectly and encircled my finger with odd pulsing sensations.

From those vibrations, I’m guessing this ring connects to the original owner’s soul or magical aura. I think that the concave curve of the crescent moon shape may have been a receiving chamber where outside energies could be collected from the air and conveyed in a usable form to him or her. The intricate markings appear in some type of floral pattern, but I wonder if the twists and turns of the filigree tell a tale of the owner’s life, deeds of bravery, battles won, lives saved, or care given. Most of all I wonder if the vibrations I felt mean the ring’s magic work for me.

What do you think is the magical purpose of this ornate ring? Please share your thoughts.

~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. The first of her epic fantasy romance series, ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS, is now available--SEEKING A SCRIBE. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

At the risk of being too literal, my thought was that the ring might cast moonlight around the wearer when activated. That could be useful when your torch goes out while you are wandering around in the dark!

Marsha A. Moore said...

I don't think that's too literal! That would be a marvelous tool, to be able to transform the moonlight into a guiding beam. Thanks for sharing, Daniel!