blogspot counter

Monday, March 26, 2012

Magical Monday: Why did this statue grimace at my friend?

I have another magical curiosity for you today.


In a panic, one of my friends sent me this picture. She was strolling with her family through an older portion of their local zoo. Although she’d been there many times before, she never noticed the face at the top of this arch. However, during her recent visit, the figure “came to life.” The eyebrows raised, the mouth curved into a grimace, and it began to speak, first in sputters and then in a foreign language. She snapped the photo and took off, afraid to pass under the archway. 

I wonder if my friend had been chosen to utilize the passage as a portal to a fantasy world. Or maybe it was trying to warn her of harm if she passed under. Or maybe attempting to hex her?

What do you think this old sculpture intended?


~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. The first of her epic fantasy romance series, ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS, is now available--SEEKING A SCRIBE. She has also authored the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE.  For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

5 comments:

Bart said...

Ahh, sure, didn't your friend miss a splendid opportunity? Wasn't the Guardian of the Portal tryin' to tell her a grand adventure awaited if she'd only had the courage to step into it? Sure 'an it's shame, what she missed, by not grasping it close.

Marsha A. Moore said...

I agree, Bart! I would have taken a chance and walked under the arch.

Jodi said...

...and if you turn it upside down, it's a big old smiley face!

Joelle

Alice:
Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin; but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!

Jeanne Guzman said...

This would be the perfect opening for a book. In fact, I may have to use it sometime in the future.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Jeanne, it really would make a good opening scene!