blogspot counter

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tea Leaf Tales: Chaotic Carousel Circumvolution

I’m riding a magnificent white charger, his pink mane groomed and decorated with ribbons. 

He holds his head high, obviously glad I chose him. He speeds his gait from a rough trot to a smooth canter. 

Suddenly, a thud shakes his post, throwing his magic off kilter. His canter becomes a wild gallop. He snorts, and for the first time I notice red staining his nostrils.

“Please, slow down,” I beg. Centripetal force threatens to pull me off his saddle and throw me into dangers that are whipping past so fast I can’t identify them. I grip with all my strength round his neck of shiny muscles. 

Between sprays of red droplets shooting from his open mouth, he gasps, “Only you can stop us.”
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. She is the author of the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE. Look for her first of an epic fantasy romance series, SEEKING A SCRIBE: ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS ONE, to be available March, 2012. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

2 comments:

Ciara said...

Wow, that was awesome! Marsha, you are a true master of words. Loved this.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks lots, Ciara. Glad you stopped by!