blogspot counter

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tea Leaf Tales: Spitting on Sidewalks is Strictly Prohibited

 
T
he curvy words “spitting” and “sidewalks” make me smile and want to sing, but I stop because spittle might slip. I’m tempted though. My offense would only cost me a $5 penalty. 

Those $100 fines are for sorcerers whose saliva is charmed. Wonder if the Health Department folks think they can actually catch wizards who pass along the sidewalks of town in the shadows of dusk? Do they know their charms lie hidden and dormant until some innocent, like me, drops a little drivel onto the enchantment, dry and waiting for activation?  Even chemicals in the drool from dogs’ jowls can spark a little life into those charms, spreading intoxication or euphoria, depending upon the nature of the spell. 

The officials seem to have the fines backwards. If I had to pay $100, I sure wouldn’t take my chances dropping my drivel with a whistle. No one’s watching right now…♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♫♪
~ ~ ~
Marsha A. Moore is a writer of fantasy romance. The magic of art and nature spark life into her writing. She is the author of the Ciel's Legacy series, fantasy romance with fast action mermaid/pirate storylines: TEARS ON A TRANQUIL LAKE and TORTUGA TREASURE. Look for her first of an epic fantasy romance series, SEEKING A SCRIBE: ENCHANTED BOOKSTORE LEGENDS ONE, to be available March, 2012. For a FREE ebook download, read her historic fantasy, LE CIRQUE DE MAGIE, available at Amazon and Smashwords.

3 comments:

Heather Haven said...

As usual, Marsha, your spin on the common into fantasy undoes me! So funny and wonderful!

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks lots, Heather! So glad you stopped by. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Love how you can make me laugh at the mundane, adding that extra touch of magic!