blogspot counter

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Marketing my book at a yoga studio open house?

Yes, indeed, and it was a great time!

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of joining the excitement at the Apollo Beach Yoga's Open House. I was invited by the owner, Julie Chavanu, to bring materials to showcase my latest book, Tears on a Tranquil Lake. I was pleased to speak with many folks who were interested in my book.

The event was lots of fun with new folks to meet and plenty of tempting foods to nibble. An introductory Tai Chi class was presented. Several teachers were on hand to discuss a variety of yoga styles. The studio has recently expanded into a wellness center, offering massage and reiki  therapies. Both therapists were available to demonstrate samples of their treatments. I received my introduction to Reiki--an intriguing experience. Very cool!

A wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Jule Chavanu, owner, and Angela, both yoga instructors
Angela and April, awesome yoginis
Sandy, Lisa, and me in a deep discussion

Share


2 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

That sounds like a fun time. Ever since a car accident, working out has been difficult.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Marsha A. Moore said...

It was lots of fun. That's too bad about your injury, Nancy.