blogspot counter

Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm casting my characters from Tears on a Tranquil Lake in today's Now Starring Blogfest!



Today is all about the letter 'U' for UNDERWATER adventures, featuring my book turned magically into a screenplay for the "Now Starring Blogfest." I get to play casting director today!

My fantasy romance book, Tears on a Tranquil Lake, involves a love triangle/adventure among a mermaid, a merman, and a pirate captain. 

My mermaid, Ciel, is a very caring, intelligent individual, searching deep within herself for her own unique meaning of happiness. Although caught between the affections of two men, she worries about her rejection hurting their feelings. I’d likely select an actress capable of some spunk, wittiness, and dimension alongside her caring gentleness. My choice would be Renee Zellweger.

For my pirate captain it was an easy choice--Johnny Depp. He’s one actor who can be convincing, charming, assertive, funny in a fantasy setting,  and plenty sexy all at the same time. I write fantasy romance and through five books, I have yet to not find a role for that man’s intriguing personality. The upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides has mermaids! Yeah! Cannot wait!

For my merman, I needed a strong, sensitive type, more connected to his feelings than the aggressive pirate captain. He’s more supportive of Ciel’s uniqueness, but don’t be fooled, he fully intends to win her heart. My selection would be Orlando Bloom

Tears on a Tranquil Lake:
What a surprise for a young woman, to find herself suddenly transformed into a mermaid.

Ciel’s first thought – track down the merman who changed her and make him reverse his magic.
Unable to find him, survival in her new world becomes paramount. She eagerly accepts help from a dashing pirate captain who takes a fancy to her, lavishing her with finery. When her merman does show up, he competes for her affection. One look into his eyes makes her life more complex -- he is her soul mate.

Which man will she choose – pirate captain or merman? Which life – human or mermaid? Caribbean adventures and dangers chase Ciel as she searches for decisions and the key to her happiness.

Warning: This book contains Haitian vodou, sultry wenches, foul-mouthed scalliwag pirates, overindulgence of fine Caribbean rum, and amorous encounters on deserted beaches.

ISBN: 978-1-926931-29-6
Purchase from:
            MuseItUp Publishing




Click on the image above to read more fun posts in the blogfest!




Share

6 comments:

PK HREZO said...

oooo sounds decadent and delicious, Marsha! How fun! And with such a stunning cast, who could resist?

Nice job!

Ellie Garratt said...

Your book sounds deliciously naughty and fabulous, and I could eat it up in one sitting.

Love your cast and can't wait to read it!

The Devil’s Song

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

This is a great cast. Good job it sounds so fun

Marsha A. Moore said...

It was very fun writing that book and also finishing up its sequel just lately. Thanks for stopping by, Pk, Ellie, and Josh!

Angela Scott said...

Who can resist Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom--can't she just have both?

Nice cast.

Margo Berendsen said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE THIS STORY IDEA! I girl transformed into a mermaid against her will and a love triangle to boot with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Dep teaming up again (yes I can't wait for the new Pirates of the Caribbean too)

I'm a new follower, gotta keep my eye on you & this book now!