blogspot counter

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - January 16th

This week's Six Sentence Sunday is one last snippet from my free read short story, Song for the Silver Merman, available to download as a PDF from my website http://www.marshaamoore.com This story is an "extra" from my book, Tears on a Tranquil Lake, releasing February 1st. It gives a taste of the main characters, the setting, and action of that book as well as introducing a few new characters which will turn up in a sequel I'm presently writing.

In this scene, the heroine, Ciel, and her two mermaid friends are attempting to join in a group of the "popular" mermaids. Ciel is stunned to see how those of the "in group" operate and later, pay a consequence for their irresponsible behaviors.
         We dropped to a lower level, but the mermaids at the point continued taunting as the boat rounded within thirty feet of the point.
         A voice from the deck yelled, “Bring her to! Heave to!”
 The pirates hung far over the gunwale, their eyes bugged out with lust. “Ye’ve got some right big ones, lass; flash ‘em to me again.” “Lovely teets!”
         Suddenly, four ropes with wide stiff loops at their ends flew out from the ship toward the teasing mermaids.
****
Song for the Silver Merman

When Ciel, a newly-turned mermaid, sings for the first time, she startles everyone with the mermagic in her voice, which gives her chance to study with the esteemed Silver Merman and much more.

Find the story at http://www.marshaamoore.com in Free Reads. 
**** 


Be sure to read the other awesome entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

23 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Intriguing story. Great artwork, too.

Anonymous said...

I downloaded this last week. I have it on my kindle.... this snippet is just making me wonder why I havent read it yet. I agree with Tarynm, the artwork is beautiful.

Sarah Grimm said...

Another great six, Marsha! I keep saying that I'm going to download this one, then forget. I'm off to do it now. :)

Lisa Fox said...

Playing with the popular kids usually means trouble! Great snippet!

D Carney said...

Uh oh! Trouble!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Great post! congrats on your upcoming release!

Kelli McCracken said...

Think I might be buying a copy of this when it's released. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Love this story and another gorgeous image.

Arlene said...

Merpeople seem to be popular, and I love the little taste you've shown of yours. I'm pushing this to top of my must buy list.

Jayel Kaye said...

Marsha, your story is pulling me in the more I read. I will add my kudos to the artwork too.

Unknown said...

Oh no. Caught like a fish.

Cate Masters said...

Yay, another mermaid story. :) And pirates, what fun! Loved it.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Mermaids, and pirates! Fun, and that artwork is beautiful xx

"Ye’ve got some right big ones, lass" makes me imagine them from Yorkshire, LOL

L. A. Green said...

Love the blend of mermaids and issues with popularity. :) (And pirates, too.) Enchanting six snippet, and looks like a great read.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Yep, those mermaids are in trouble! Great six!

Liz said...

Nice snippet.

Marie Dees said...

Swim girls, swim!

Lex Valentine said...

Boobs will get you in trouble every time!

Marsha A. Moore said...

Marie and Lex, thanks for making me laugh! :)

Unknown said...

Got it, too! In my TBR pile. Can't read anything until the contest entries I'm judging are done... Bummer! Great Six!

Anonymous said...

I've read your free samples and bookmarked you as an author... as soon as I can get some reading time, I'll read your mermaid stories!
Barb (Barbara G.Tarn)

Marsha A. Moore said...

Thanks lots, Barb! I'm thrilled you enjoyed my free samples.

Claire Robyns said...

I do love 'em pirates, great six