blogspot counter

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday - November 28th

Here's another snippet from my novelette, Celestial Trigon, a free read on my website. http://www.marshaamoore.com


After battling much opposition, Martin, the grand wizard, finally discovers where his love, Heike, is being held against her will by an alchemist trained in dark arts.

****
At the doorway he gasped at the horrid sight. His beautiful love lay bound to an old wooden work table, stripped naked. Wide leather straps cut deeply into the soft skin of her bare waist. Her wrists and ankles were smeared with blood from her efforts against the bondage. Her face was flushed and damp with perspiration from struggle, her ankles tethered wide apart.
Seeing Martin, Heike strained hard against the restraints, her cries muffled with the gag in her mouth.
Glancing again across the tortured body of his love, he bent down feeling the urge to wretch, but instead became distracted by the chalk outline of a pentagram drawn on the wooden floor surrounding the torture table.
****

Find other awesome entries for this Sunday at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

Wow, totally intense! I have to go read the whole thing and find out what happens next!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Vivid and compelling.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm with Lisa, time to go read the rest of this post. Great snippet, Marsha!

Unknown said...

Well, that really sucks for Heike but I do want to know what happens next.

Jayel Kaye said...

I'm really into this. I hope you'll give us more next week too

Rebecca Royce said...

The TORTURE table? OMG. So good.

Arnold Wolf said...

Wow, nice Marsha... I'm feeling some professional envy here!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great snippet. Very intense scene.

Jessica E. Subject said...

In your imagery, you've also portrayed Martin's emotions. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Great tension and brilliant imagery, I was sucked in totally!

Kerrianne

Eve Cassidy said...

A free read you say? I must go get it. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely snippet! Want to know what happens now!

D Carney said...

Awesome job. I will definitely need to read the rest of this.

Christa Paige said...

Oh my, I absolutely adore it when a hero is faced with something atrocious that's been done to his love. Am hooked and wondering how the heck he's going to save her.

Stacey Kennedy said...

Wow..what an intense moment! Very nice captured!! Yup..I'll be looking forward to more!

Lex Valentine said...

That is just screaming for a major rescue scene, isn't it?

Silk Labyrinth said...

He got distracted? What? I love the pentagram and the torture table. What does the rest of the story tell?

Hailey Edwards said...

Painful piece. Very moving.