blogspot counter

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday - November 21st

Here's another snippet from my novelette, Celestial Trigon, a free read on my website. http://www.marshaamoore.com

In this scene, Martin, a grand wizard, forces his dragon, Balteazar, to land on the grounds of the double moon celebration. He cannot find his lady. Suspecting she has been apprehended, he's in hot pursuit of her possible captors.

****
Balteazar responded to the urgent command and whipped his massive frame around to descend into the central garden clearing. Fire blazed twenty feet from his gaping mouth, scattering those below screaming into the woods. His green scales irridesced a vivid royal blue in the lunar brilliance. He mirrored his master’s anger, a fearsome sight. His eyes glowed red, nostrils flared, and razor sharp scales lifted along his spine to the tip of his powerful tail. Spewing fire, his enormous muscular legs extended down for a quick landing.

****
Be sure to check out the other awesome entries at: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! Love the tension in the piece. Imagery is fab!
Kerrianne

Unknown said...

Ooh, this is really good. As I've said before I adore fantasy and dragons are near the top of my list. Great snippet!

Lisa Fox said...

Nice! That is one hell of a dragon. I love that description.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Wow! Terrifying. Awesome description. Have to visit the web site now to read the whole novelette!

Rebecca Royce said...

You do descriptive language so well. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Very exciting snippet!

Lex Valentine said...

Rawr! I lurves dragons! And my father's name was Baltazar because he was born on the day of the three kings. :)

Emily Cale said...

I love dragons. You did such a great job with the description in this piece.

Jayel Kaye said...

Such Description. Great!

Unknown said...

Scary. Awesome description.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE dragons!

Christa Paige said...

Wow, I could see that dragon in my mind's eye your detail is utterly vivid. I'd sure love to have a dragon on my side like that.

D Carney said...

If that sight doesn't send you running, I don't know what will. Yikes!