blogspot counter

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Author Lori Rardin talks about her writing in the new book Dogs & The Women Who Love Them.



Today I'm very happy to have Lori Rardin here, telling about her story in the anthology Dogs & The Women Who Love Them. Included is a short interview she did with me. It's great to have her as my guest, since she's one of my wonderful critique partners.

**** 

I wonder how many women have dogs. I’ll bet it’s a lot. How about the mom who takes care of her children’s pet and ends up bonding with the dog herself? For those of us who don’t have kids, they become our surrogate children. These companions touch our hearts in countless ways. Not only do we train them, but they appear to train us as well ... they teach us to love unconditionally. Why else would we put up with a chewed shoe, dug out holes in our yard, furry tumble weeds rolling around the house and nose smudges on our windows?

Check out my heart warming story, and many others, in the newly released book Dogs & The Women Who Love Them. Each story will take you on a journey of self-discovery, as the women show you what their dogs taught them. A Familiar Friend Turns Ordinary into Extraordinary shows how my dog turned a simple, routine day, into an extraordinary day. This made me realize, he makes all my days, extraordinary.

What themes/genres do you write? Why?

My writing up until now has been mostly memoir writing on issues of self-discovery and self-growth. I like to share poignant moments with an inspirational message that may help others along their life’s journey. Recently, I’ve added fiction to my works, with a similar theme and an added moral issue dilemma. Where do women draw the line with their own values? How can our values work for good, in not only our lives, but others we touch along the way? My short stories have appeared in Angels on Earth Magazine.

What inspired you to write this story?

When my dog, Piezon, was with me, he was my muse. His joy for life inspired me to view the world differently. I tried to see things through his eyes, and when I did, it brought entirely refreshing perspectives. This story is only one example of how he did that for me.

I've heard this anthology is endorsed by a celebrity. Will you share who and how that came about?

Allen and Linda Anderson, the authors who compiled the stories and added their own inspiring messages, have written many wonderful books about animals. They are well-known to animal enthusiasts, which includes some celebrities. Betty White and Vanessa Williams are two of several endorsing the book. Oprah’s Magazine “O” has given the book a favorable review.

I’m so grateful to have had this wise old soul called a “dog” in my life, and I’m honored to share him with the world.

Find out more about Dogs & The Women Who Loved Them:
http://www.dogsandthewomenwholovethem.com/

The book is available at retail bookstores and on amazon.com. If anyone would like to contact me I can be reached at Ldr411@aim.com.  

**** 
Some great endorsements for the book:

"The rescuing works both ways again in Allen and Linda Anderson's Collection, Dogs and the Women Who Love Them: Extraordinary True Stories of Loyalty, Healing, and Inspiration, as canines who've suffered abuse, neglect or misfortune seek and comfort humans who've endured the same."
--
Karen Holt, O Magazine
 
“These heart-warming stories of dogs and the women who love them solidify the fact that the animal-human bond is so unique and necessary for enhancing one’s life. You’ll find a bit of yourself in each tale.”
--Vanessa Williams, actress and singer







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Marsha ~ Thank you for the opportunity to share this book with others on your wonderful blog spot. ~ Lori

Marsha A. Moore said...

It's great to have you here today!

Rosalie Skinner said...

Great interview. I have two dogs who help my muse. Used to have a cat too, but she passed away.
It sounds like a 'must have' book. One that you could read again and again.