blogspot counter

Sunday, July 4, 2010

I've received The Versatile Blogger Award

I've been given the Versatile Blogger award. A big thank you to Kat Holmes for selecting me to receive this award. To accept it I need to:
1. Thank those who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.



Seven things about myself:
1. I’m a night owl. Bedtime is usually between 2:30 and 3:00 AM. I like to write when the world is quiet. Forget finding me in the early morning hours.
2. I exercise daily, cycling or yoga. I doubt if I’d feel like me without it.
3. I talk to my 84-year-old mother every day, and visit at least once a week.
4. I’ve been fascinated by American Indian culture and lore since I was a child. A few years ago, I took Mom on a long Amtrak ride to North Dakota to see a real pow-wow. She and I were the only non-Indians among thousands. The dancing and costumes were amazing!
5. My house is filled with many handmade pieces of furniture I made with my dad. Miss him lots.
6. I like hanging out with other writers. They’re a wacky bunch, especially my Muse family!
7. I love going to rock concerts, and have tickets to see Kamelot and Kings of Leon yet this year.

Fifteen bloggers (names are linked to their blogs), in no particular order, who I think are fantastic:
1. Cheryl Moore – Such a creative and friendly lady. Love her writing, love her art, love her heart.
2. Breanne Braddy – Fabulously insightful blogs. Classy and imaginative. Wouldn’t miss reading one post!
3. Sonia Meyer – Two sentences are not enough to describe this amazing authoress and activist. Born a gypsy, she works tirelessly to bring equal rights to this group of people.
4. Gina Kincade; 5. Penny aka Vampirique Dezire; 6. Kate Leger – These three friends of mine work very hard to keep erotic literature accessible in a tasteful, artistic manner.
7. Danica Avet - A super writing buddy who keeps me on task, shares giggles and snoopy dances.
8. Mike Evans – His creativity is so refreshing, spanning various poetic and prose formats, I read his blog for pure enjoyment.
9. Charlene Wilson – My critique buddy for a long while. We helped each other learn and grow.
10. Not-Really-Southern Vampire Chick – I love her review site because it has variety and shows her personality. Where else can I find wonderful ideas for purchasing handmade jewelry along with excellent book reviews and author interviews?
11. Sherry Adams – A wonderfully supportive and dear friend, who writes from Panama City, FL. Luv ya.
12. Kemberlee Shortland – My dear Irish author friend who does a great job diverting me from writing to get absorbed in knitting.
13. Valerie Douglas – A great friend and mentor, who gladly answers my silly newbie author questions without laughing at me.
14. Katie Hines; 15. Cheryl Malandrinos – A huge thank you to you both for making your blogs so available to host new authors as guests.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats. I'm a night owl myself, and stay up very late when I'm off work.

Marsha A. Moore said...

I get more done after dinner through to a late bedtime than all the hours before. My brain seems to click on later in the day.

Thanks for visiting, Charles. Have a great holiday.

Lea said...

My dad was my inspiration too.

And a night owl is part of me too but I wake up at 5am most days so it's not really a night owl as much as an early riser to get ahead of the breakfast clanging and noise in this household.

Congrats to the 15 bloggers.

Karen McGrath said...

That is really great that you are close to your mom. I bet she appreciates it a lot!

Karen :)

Marsha A. Moore said...

I've been fortunate to have adult friendships with each of my parents. I wouldn't trade those times for anything.

Thanks for stopping by, Lea and Karen.

Marsha